The role of Data Migration Specialist will be responsible for migrating legacy data from a variety of source systems into a target CRM system (Sherpa). Identifying trends that are meaningful to customers and assisting in the on-going development of technical best practices for data migration and other ETL-related activities. Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are crucial to success in this position. In addition, a desire to understand how our solutions create value and efficiency for our clients. The purpose of this role is to ensure data integrity and customer confidence as the result of a successful onboarding experience.
Essential Job Functions
Data Extraction and Migration
- Extract, review and analyze source system data to prepare for source to target data mapping, ensure conformity to target system requirements and identify potential conversion issues.
- Perform data translation, transformation, and data cleansing procedures to prepare customer legacy data for smooth and successful import into Sherpa.
- Transform legacy data into the required format for target system in accordance with customer requirements and expectations.
- Import data to target system using established tools and processes, including ETL tool and manual data conversion templates.
- Perform manual data transformation and imports using standardized data conversion templates (Excel).
Design and Manage the Data Migration Process
- Document best practices, processes and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to define, organize, document, and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Assist in the preparations of data migration plans including migration risks and project milestones and communicate to the Project Manager for client sign-off.
- Work with developers to streamline the extract, transform and load (ETL) process and reduce manual intervention.
- Make recommendations on how to add, improve or automate data migration process and tools.
Quality Assurance and Application Administration
- Perform quality assurance review, data migration audit reconciliation and exception reporting for each customer.
- Assisting with end-to-end user acceptance testing and documenting results to ensure the migration of data from the source CRM is accurate.
- Prepare the front-end application for new users and new customer data
- Completes additional projects as assigned.
Skills and Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (at least 2-3 years experience).
- 1-3 years of data migration experience, working with multiple datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers and platforms. Prior experience with ETL process highly desired
- SQL experience is highly desired
- Prior experience with CRM or SaaS software highly desired
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation
- Faciality with CI/CD best practices a plus
- Excellent instincts and intuitive problem solver
- Professionalism, self-motivation, and confidentiality are essential
- Capable of self-directed work while developing repeatable processes
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers at all levels of the organization
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.